Elegant and evocative, our written content comes from award-winning travel writers and seasoned specialists.
We’re focused on handcrafting fresh content for specific audiences, helping to promote everything from luxury Namibian tours to international rail tickets, and blossoming offbeat destinations to viral sites. This is not where you’ll find corporate cliched monotone, nor the self-indulgence of personal blogs. It’s fresh writing that reflects the infinite possibility of travel.
We’re not bashful about it all. Please scroll through and check out anything from the portfolio…
Marketing Tours and Travel Products
Elegant nuanced writing that sells tours, destinations, and travel products. From luxury sake tasting in Japan to jumping off bridges in Zimbabwe and everything in between…
Handcrafting elegant tour itineraries and destination content for one of the world’s leading luxury travel agents.
Creating and editing travel itineraries for one of travel’s most exciting start-ups.
Creating and managing content for a variety of specialist travel sites, including large social media-focused sites and SEO specialists.
Journey the most exotic destinations on earth on this viral site with +70,000 facebook likes.
The Fat Dogs create, upload, and manage all content on the site. So yes, those funky articles come from us…
The complete guide to Mexico’s Playa del Carmen, written by “Johnny,” one of The Fat Dog’s random creations.
An offbeat conversational style that promotes everything Playa del Carmen.
Contributing articles and managing blogs for large travel businesses.
A blog for the travel agent arm of the UK’s leading travel insurance company for the over 50s.
The Fat Dogs are commissioned to produce regular articles on popular over 50s destinations from around the world.
All the news about sponsored athletes, destinations, events, and how to get the most from the camera.
Creating detailed bespoke travel guides covering all corners of the globe.
Published in print and online media, The Fat Dogs create guides for unique travel events.
ALEXIS TRAVEL GUIDES
Coming soon, a series of e-travel guides spanning 20 cities and countries.
Written and edited by a network of Fat Dogs, each of them specialists in their distinct corner of the world.
Offbeat and Adventure Travel
We also like the really unusual stories, stuff that has little commercial value but makes for a very compelling tale. Like meeting Afghani tribal chiefs, entering Iran illegally, and learning to surf with Zulu witch doctors. These articles showcase what happens when The Fat Dogs get an open script.
Popular alternative culture site featuring some unusual travel tales.
Drinking tea and learning about the narcotics business from an Afghani tribal chief.
E-travel magazine featuring the world’s unknown destinations as well as popular favourites from a fresh angle.
The Fat Dogs is run by Stephen Bailey, an award-winning travel writer with six years experience creating published newspaper travel articles. Stephen’s won Malta Travel Writer of the year twice, has a regular newspaper travel column, edits travel sections for two newspaper groups, and continues to write tales that inspire readers to visit the lesser-known parts of the world.
Here are some examples. If the country you’re interested in isn’t here then get in touch, it will probably be in the archives somewhere. (*dependent on your location, some of these articles are part of the newspaper’s premium service.)
- Exhausting, unrelenting, fattening – Celebrating Eid in Pakistan.
- Another day in paradise – Palawan in the Philippines.
- There is another way – The development of community tourism.
- The craziest of them all – visiting Turkmenistan.
- A guide’s to ‘God’s country’ – Europe’s finest destination.
- Let Dresden’s pigtailed ladies show you the city.
- The World’s Greatest Train Journeys.
- Beauty meets absurdity in Georgia.
- The life of a Krygyz Nomadic Shepherd.
- Namibia sparkles in the sun.
- Surfing along the Wild Coast…with help from a witch doctor.
- Wonders of the Silk Road in Uzbekistan.
- Exploring the world in a day at the World Travel Market.
- Where the caravan camels roam – The Sahara Desert.
- Animal kingdom refugee in Botswana.
- Captivating masala of Zanzibar.
- The enchantment of death in India’s Varanasi.
- Assault on the senses in Istanbul.
- Following the spirits of Benin’s voodoo culture.
- Embracing the madness and magic of Marrakech.
- Adventures on the Indian railway.
- Genocide voyeurism in Rwanda.
- City’s history in plain sight – exploring Berlin’s sub-culture response to the past.
- Dwarf hunting in Wroclaw.
- Silent giants of the Serengeti.
- Seeking out a natural rush in New Zealand’s Queenstown.
- A tale of two cities in Kiev and Moscow.
- Enduring memories of Cape Town.
- Riding the crest of a wave with no one to share it in Ghana.